Search This Blog

Monday 14 January 2013

Chateau de Pez, France


Wine: Chateau de Pez
Producer: Chateau de Pez
Region: Saint Estephe
Country: France
Colour: Red
Year: 2007
Grape: Bordeaux blend
Supplier: Wine Warehouse                                                                  
Price (VND): 980.000
Points: 68/100
Pairs well with: creamy cheeses, cold meats
Notes:
I have had Cheateau du Pez before, and I must say that when I tasted this vintage I was rather disappointed.

There is nothing wrong with the wine, is more about what is missing! May be I opened the bottle too early, however although the structure (amazing structure I must say was there), both the nose (cedar and leather notes) and palate (dark berries and cedar) were missing intensity and length.

Having said that, the wine was pleasant to drink, may be my expectations were too high! I will try it again though!


No comments:

Post a Comment